4-H Superintendent: Linda Suhadolnik (509.832.1711) and Kelly Brown
FFA Superintendent: Tracy Pearson
Points allowed: Blue 60, Red 40, White 20
- Market sheep may be slick shorn for the show and all market lambs must have scrapies tags.
- Market sheep will be weighed Tuesday following steers at 9:00 a.m. Do not bring sheep to the scale until all the steers are done and have left the area. They MUST weigh 110-150 lbs.
- SCALE WEIGHT IS FINAL; no reweighing. Market lambs that do not make weight requirements will not be allowed to stay. Exception: ewes may enter Division 115, Class 4 to be eligible for premiums, but will not be sold at livestock sale. “For Sale” signs may not be displayed.
- Lambs to be judged as market lambs regardless of breed.
- Each sheep exhibitor to be limited to 2 market lambs and 4 breeding stock.
- Champion awards will be given only if animal is deemed worthy.
- Entries up to 2 market lambs allowed, only 1 entry in all other classes except breeding classes.
- All sheep exhibitors are required to be at clean up on Sunday morning.
- No spandex blankets will be allowed.
- No callipyge (heavy muscle) lambs will be accepted.
- Breed classes may be combined if less than 6 animals (to be determined by superintendent).
- Breeding stock entrance may be limited due to pen availability.
- Cooling sheep immediately before market classes by using ice, cooling systems, cooling blankets, cold wet towels, cold water in spray bottles and other such techniques is not allowed.
- Sheep are not allowed to be muzzled during the duration of the Yakima Valley Fair & Rodeo.
DIVISION1 115: Breeding
01 FFA Ram Lamb (under one year)
02 4-H Ram Lamb (under one year)
03 FFA Ewe Lamb (under one year)
04 4-H Ewe Lamb (under one year)
05 FFA Ewe (over one year)
06 4-H Ewe (over one year)