4-H Public Presentations
Coordinator: Andrea DeVries 509.303.9055
This is a new contest at our fair, it is open to all local 4-H members! It is a great opportunity for members to develop the life skill of public speaking, help to educate our community on their 4-H project and potentially be rewarded financially for their effort!
- Sign up on Monday at the 4-H building between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. or on Tuesday at the livestock office between noon and 5 p.m. You will be assigned a 10 or 15 minute time slot between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm on Saturday.
- Check back in the 4-H Building Wednesday morning or after to see your assigned time. If there is a conflict, please call the coordinator and we will find a time that works.
- The judges will be using the 4-H public presentation scorecard, found at https://pubs.wsu.edu/ItemDetail.aspx?ProductID=13092&SeriesCode=&CategoryID=274&Keyword=
- Two top awards will be given in each class; Junior, Intermediate and Senior, if entries are blue-ribbon eligible, at Judges’ discretion. First prize $75, Second prize $50, which will be awarded at the 4-H/FFA Trophy Presentation Saturday at 4:00pm.
- Public Presentations should be a minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 20 minutes. The recommended time for Juniors is 3-8 minutes, Intermediates is 5-15 minutes and Seniors is 8-20 minutes. Maximum length includes set-up and clean-up time.
- Visual Aids – At least one poster or slide is required as a visual aid. Additional posters and/or slides and supplies are encouraged, but not required. Powerpoint presentations will be allowed, but equipment will not be provided. It will be up to each exhibitor to provide and set up necessary equipment.
- (Optional) This is a helpful guide for developing a 4-H public presentation, if interested: http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/CEPublications/em4788E/em4788E.pdf
01 Primary/Cloverbud (will be given a participation ribbon and asked questions, but not judged)