Registration for the 2022 Yakima Valley Fair & Rodeo opens on April 1! Here are a few updates for registration this year.
4-H Clubs/FFA Chapter/Exhibitor Groups: Animal exhibitors will be allowed to enter as a member of a 4-H Group, FFA Chapter, or as a Youth Exhibitor given that the individual has a permanent address within our show boundaries and falls within the given age divisions.
For us to create pen assignments, please be sure to register your animals under your group. If no group is selected, your pen will be assigned based on where space is available. If your group does not appear on the registration list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following information: group name, leader name, address, email address, and phone number. Please allow time for our volunteers to get the group added before completing registration.
- Do not wait until the last minute to register – leave time to ask questions or to combat slow connections.
- Verify exhibitor Mailing Address – this is the address that will be used when generating checks after the fair.
- Each livestock exhibitor MUST be registered for their 1Market or Breeding class and 2Fitting and Showing for each species being shown.
- If you have two market animals be sure to register each one! You will select the same classes twice if both animals are the same species.
- Register for RV pass (only register once per family) or extra parking passes as needed.
Record Books: Although not required, record books are highly encouraged as part of a judged contest. More information will be released closer to fair.
Still life Exhibits: (Photography, Baking, Sewing, Fashion Review, Public Presentations, etc) can be added when registering livestock OR be added later. This registration remains open until fair week.
- Before payment is processed, each entry submitted will be approved by fair volunteer staff. This does not happen automatically. You may receive an email with action items on how to correct your registration before it is finalized. Please check the email your FairEntry account is registered to.
- Email is the easiest way for us to help you if you run into problems. Email a description of the issue to email@example.com The more detail you include (screenshots are great, too) the easier it is for us to help fix the problem.
We look forward to having you at the fair (August 10th-13th) this year!
Register Here! ⇒ http://yakimavalleyfair-rodeo.fairentry.com
YVFR Registration FAQs
If I have two market animals of the same species do I pay one entry fee and register once?
Each individual market animal requires a separate registration entry. Meaning, if you have two market animals, you will add two market entries during registration and receive a registration confirmation email that includes two market entries as well as your fitting and showing entry for each species represented.
My club/chapter/group isn’t on the drop down list to select from, why not?
Our list of clubs is created based on what club leaders send us. If your club does not appear, it means that it’s either a new club or exhibitors from the club have not shown at YVFR since we started using this registration system. To be added to the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Club Name, Leader Name, Club Mailing Address, Club Email, Leader Contact Phone Number. You will be emailed a confirmation that it has been added to the system at which point exhibitors in the club can complete registration and select their club.
Why was my entry/exhibitor “rejected”?
The most common reasons for an entry to be sent back to your email as “rejected” instead of “accepted” are forgotten information or incomplete entries. Each “rejected” entry should include a note about how to fix this based on the individual problem. Common problems include an exhibitor submitted but no entries included, failure to register for Fitting & Showing. Entries may be “rejected” if it is a duplicate entry – most commonly registering for Fitting & Showing twice in the same species.
How do I know if my registration was correct and actually submitted?
You will receive an email confirmation once we have approved your registration. It will include what was submitted, rejected, and accepted. This email is the best document to check! The other way to check that registration was processed is by looking at the payment method you used to register. If it was charged the entry fees/additional passes you registered for, then we received and approved your entries.
I already submitted my livestock animals in registration but now I want to add Home Ec/still life entries. How do I do this?
You can add additional entries, including creating a new exhibitor for a parent/guardian or sibling who lives at the same address, by logging back in to your FairEntry account and submitting the additional entries.
How to Enter in the Open Class Departments
*Open class departments are open to anyone (all ages)!
Open Class entries will be accepted Tuesday 8/10/21 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Jones’ Building.
You have two options:
a. Pre-registration is encouraged in open class departments – Home Economics, Fine Art, Photography, Horticulture and Floriculture, but not required. To register, click on the link above and create a FairEntry Account. After you have pre-registered, you can still add or delete items when you arrive at the fair on entry day.
b. When you arrive with your exhibits on your department’s entry day, go directly to the Open Class Beavon barn and your entry tags will be waiting for you.
c. Along with your item(s), please bring a self-addressed, stamped envelope with you if you would like to have your Premium check mailed to you. If you do not bring an envelope, premium monies will be considered a donation to the fair. Check the individual department sections for the date and times of entry for your particular category.
2. Day of Entry Registration:
a. Be sure to check with each individual department for dates and rules pertaining specifically to that area of entry. If possible, please fill out the Open Class Entry Form at home and bring it with you.
b. Come to the Open Class Beavon building on the day of entry and you will find entry information and receive your exhibitor tags (there is no entry fee). You will be given specific instructions then. Please bring address labels to speed up completion of 3-part entry tags.
c. All exhibits must remain at the fairgrounds until Sunday morning. Pick up time is 8 am-10 am, and your entry stub will be required for pick up. If not picked up on Sunday, item(s) will be forfeited.
d. Along with your item(s), please bring a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you would like to have your Premium check mailed to you. If you do not bring an envelope, premium monies will be considered a donation to the fair.
For more details about open class departments and divisions, please click here for the open class premium book.
Species specific rules are included in the Exhibitor Guide.
Registration will be open from May 15-May 31st, 2021. Registration for this show and sale will not require 4-H or FFA membership.
2021 YVFR Livestock Eligibility
In order to be eligible to show at the 2021 YVFR show, an exhibitor MUST:
- Have a permanent address within a Yakima County school district, those parts of Benton County including Prosser School District, Paterson School District, or Kiona Benton School District, and those parts of eastern Klickitat County including the Bickleton School District.
- Be between the ages of 8-19 as of October 1, 2020
- If age 5-7 as of October 1, 2020: may only exhibit small animals (rabbits, poultry, cavies)
- Pay applicable entry fees at time of registration
*This event is NOT a 4-H/FFA sanctioned event. Eligibility is not based on membership or affiliation*
2021 YVFR Livestock & Poultry Regulations:
- All animals must be registered online for the show between May 15 – May 31, 2021 (small animal registration will remain open until July 1, 2021).
- Each exhibitor is allowed a maximum of 2 market animals, regardless of species.
- Due to the lack of open space, there may be a limit on the number of breeding stock.
- Entry fees must be paid when registering, and are $12.00 per animal in Beef, Sheep, Swine, Dairy, & Goat. $5.00 per entry of Rabbits, Poultry, and Pocket Pets.
- Exhibitors must be performing regular care and management for the following minimal period of time:
- Market Beef: 150 days
- Dairy (except Dairy Heifer Replacement): 90 days
- Dairy Heifer Replacement: 60 days
- Goat/Sheep/Swine: 60 days
- Rabbit/Poultry/Cavies: 30 days
- Market Rabbits: 14 days
- Breeding Stock must be owned by exhibitor or immediate family member
- Market stock sold at previous market stock sales will not be accepted for entry and violators of this rule will be barred from this show
- Each exhibitor MUST fit and show one representative animal from EACH species they have entered in the show
Species specific rules will be included in the Exhibitor’s Guide
Questions? Email email@example.com and we will get back to you soon!
4-H age is no longer dependent on school grade level. 4-H age is determined by the age of the member on October 1 of the current 4-H year which is from October- Septemberunior Division: 4-H age 8-ntermediate Division: 4-H age 11-13enior Division: 4-H age 14-19ovice Division: Age 12 and under and have never shown any livestock at any fair.