Register Here! ⇒ http://yakimavalleyfair-rodeo.fairentry.com
How to Enter in the Open Class Departments
*Open class departments are open to anyone (all ages)!
Open Class entries will be accepted Tuesday 8/10/21 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Jones’ Building.
You have two options:
a. Pre-registration is encouraged in open class departments – Home Economics, Fine Art, Photography, Horticulture and Floriculture, but not required. To register, click on the link above and create a FairEntry Account. After you have pre-registered, you can still add or delete items when you arrive at the fair on entry day.
b. When you arrive with your exhibits on your department’s entry day, go directly to the Open Class Beavon barn and your entry tags will be waiting for you.
c. Along with your item(s), please bring a self-addressed, stamped envelope with you if you would like to have your Premium check mailed to you. If you do not bring an envelope, premium monies will be considered a donation to the fair. Check the individual department sections for the date and times of entry for your particular category.
2. Day of Entry Registration:
a. Be sure to check with each individual department for dates and rules pertaining specifically to that area of entry. If possible, please fill out the Open Class Entry Form at home and bring it with you.
b. Come to the Open Class Beavon building on the day of entry and you will find entry information and receive your exhibitor tags (there is no entry fee). You will be given specific instructions then. Please bring address labels to speed up completion of 3-part entry tags.
c. All exhibits must remain at the fairgrounds until Sunday morning. Pick up time is 8 am-10 am, and your entry stub will be required for pick up. If not picked up on Sunday, item(s) will be forfeited.
d. Along with your item(s), please bring a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you would like to have your Premium check mailed to you. If you do not bring an envelope, premium monies will be considered a donation to the fair.
For more details about open class departments and divisions, please click here for the open class premium book.
Species specific rules are included in the Exhibitor Guide.
Registration will be open from May 15-May 31st, 2021. Registration for this show and sale will not require 4-H or FFA membership.
2021 YVFR Livestock Eligibility
In order to be eligible to show at the 2021 YVFR show, an exhibitor MUST:
- Have a permanent address within a Yakima County school district, those parts of Benton County including Prosser School District, Paterson School District, or Kiona Benton School District, and those parts of eastern Klickitat County including the Bickleton School District.
- Be between the ages of 8-19 as of October 1, 2020
- If age 5-7 as of October 1, 2020: may only exhibit small animals (rabbits, poultry, cavies)
- Pay applicable entry fees at time of registration
*This event is NOT a 4-H/FFA sanctioned event. Eligibility is not based on membership or affiliation*
2021 YVFR Livestock & Poultry Regulations:
- All animals must be registered online for the show between May 15 – May 31, 2021 (small animal registration will remain open until July 1, 2021).
- Each exhibitor is allowed a maximum of 2 market animals, regardless of species.
- Due to the lack of open space, there may be a limit on the number of breeding stock.
- Entry fees must be paid when registering, and are $12.00 per animal in Beef, Sheep, Swine, Dairy, & Goat. $5.00 per entry of Rabbits, Poultry, and Pocket Pets.
- Exhibitors must be performing regular care and management for the following minimal period of time:
- Market Beef: 150 days
- Dairy (except Dairy Heifer Replacement): 90 days
- Dairy Heifer Replacement: 60 days
- Goat/Sheep/Swine: 60 days
- Rabbit/Poultry/Cavies: 30 days
- Market Rabbits: 14 days
- Breeding Stock must be owned by exhibitor or immediate family member
- Market stock sold at previous market stock sales will not be accepted for entry and violators of this rule will be barred from this show
- Each exhibitor MUST fit and show one representative animal from EACH species they have entered in the show
Species specific rules will be included in the Exhibitor’s Guide
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you soon!
4-H age is no longer dependent on school grade level. 4-H age is determined by the age of the member on October 1 of the current 4-H year which is from October- Septemberunior Division: 4-H age 8-ntermediate Division: 4-H age 11-13enior Division: 4-H age 14-19ovice Division: Age 12 and under and have never shown any livestock at any fair.