Work Nights & Fair Display set up
- There will be several work nights leading up to the fair – July 24th, 26th and 31st. Specific projects/tasks will be listed online on the website www.yvfair-rodeo.org and the Yakima Valley Fair and Rodeo facebook page as it gets closer. These are optional…All help is greatly appreciated!
- A mandatory work night will be Wednesday of the week before the Fair – August 2, 2017. At that work night, each club/chapter needs to be represented and a list of jobs will be posted in each barn at the fairgrounds. If the optional work nights are well attended, and the necessary tasks are completed at mandatory work night, the clubs/chapters will be allowed to set up their displays that night as well. This is dependent on how the work nights go – this will be announced prior to the mandatory work night on the facebook page and website www.yvfair-rodeo.org.
- If general fair work is not completed on the mandatory work night, clubs will be able to set up displays at 8 am on Saturday morning, Monday and/or Tuesday and must be completed by 8 a.m. Wednesday morning when the fair opens.
- Club displays must include the club name, fair theme, educational information about the species being shown, exhibitors stall cards and cost sheets. Displays should be easy to read.
- The cost sheet (mentioned above) is available to download here. A limited number of paper copies will be available at the livestock office on Monday and Tuesday, but exhibitors should plan to print it and fill it out at home before the fair opens. They need to be filled out and displayed when the fair opens Wednesday morning at 8 a.m.