Swine Tag Photos : Please submit a photo of your hog with a YVFR Tag clearly visible in ear to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 16th. * We must be able to identify the tag and hog by the photo, please take a high quality picture to submit or you will be asked to resubmit a photo. Thank you!
- All market animals will be tagged prior to fair. Tagging days will be announced each year.
- Steer tag day and weigh in will occur April 13th,2019 from 8am-12 pm. There will not be a top weight at the April weigh in. Beef will need to weigh between 1100 lb and 1500 lbs at fairtime. Steers need to be registered online prior to tag day!
- Tag day for sheep, goats, and swine is June 1st, 2019 from 8am-12pm.
- If another fair’s weigh in/tag day conflicts with YVFR tag day, arrangements must be made PRIOR to the YVFR date and paperwork MUST be received within 7 days of tag day.
- If animals lose their ear tag, superintendents must be immediately notified and retagged per the superintendent.
- Each exhibitor will be able to tag 2 animals and one family alternate. Alternate tags will be a different color.
● Family has 3 children. Each child can tag 2 animals and an additional 3 animals can be tagged for family alternates.
● Family has 2 children. Each child can tag 2 animals and an additional 2 animals can be tagged for family alternates
- All animals must be registered online for the fair by 11:59 pm on May 31st, 2019. Click here to go to online registration. Online registration will open on April 1st, 2019
- **Exception for Small Animals and non-livestock exhibits.
- Entries for Market Classes will be open to any boy or girl meeting 4-H club or FFA requirements, in good standing, having a permanent address within a Yakima County school district, those parts of Benton County including Prosser School District, Paterson School District, or Kiona Benton School District, and those parts of eastern Klickitat County including the Bickleton School District.
- Entry fees must be paid when register, and are $12.00 per animal in Beef, Sheep, Swine, Dairy, Goats & Llamas. $5.00 for Rabbits and Poultry. Pocket Pets are $5.00 per entry. Entry forms must show whether an exhibitor is FFA or 4-H. No open class exhibitors will be permitted. No exhibitor will be allowed to enter animals of the same species in both 4-H and FFA Division.
- 4-H Age division is based on the age of the member on October 1st of the current 4-H year, which is from October-September.
- Primary/Cloverbud – Ages 5-7
- Junior – Ages 8-10
- Intermediate – Ages 11-13
- Senior – Ages 14-19
- Due to the lack of space, there may be a limit on the number of breeding stock. Please check with livestock directors.
- Breeding stock must be owned by exhibitor or immediate family.
- Market stock sold at previous market stock sales will not be accepted for entry and violators of this rule will be barred from this show. Local 4-H leaders and FFA instructors may be asked to verify entries and contests will be judged separately with championships in each where designated.
- Each 4-H/FFA exhibitor must fit and show one representative animal of EACH species that they have entered in the fair
- All exhibitors must complete a Record Book for livestock and dairy projects. See Record Book section for more information.
- Exhibitors must be performing regular care and management for the following minimal period of time:
Market Beef: 150 days
Dairy (except Dairy Heifer Replacement): 90 days
Dairy Heifer Replacement; 60 days
Goat: 60 days
Sheep and Swine (Breeding and Market): 60 days
Cavies: 45 days
Rabbits and Poultry: 45 days
Equine 90 days