Yakima Valley Fair & Rodeo plans to be a fun event at the end of Summer 2020! We hope you’ll join us August 5th – 8th for the Livestock Show, Fair & PRCA Rodeo!
Livestock Exhibitors: You need to register your animals online by May 29th; there will not be a Pre-Fair Weigh/ Tag Day. Animals will be weighed and tagged at the fair in August.
We will make an official determination on July 6th, based on updated health guidelines/orders. If cancellation is necessary, we will assist registered exhibitors with financial support; the details have been discussed, but won’t be approved unless needed. We would anticipate arranging turn buyers and accepting Add-on support, as usual.
- All animals must be registered online for the fair by 9:59 pm on May 29th, 2020. Click here to go to online registration. Online registration will open on March 15, 2020.
- **Exception for Small Animals and non-livestock exhibits.
- Entries for Market Classes will be open to any boy or girl meeting 4-H club or FFA requirements, in good standing, having a permanent address within a Yakima County school district, those parts of Benton County including Prosser School District, Paterson School District, or Kiona Benton School District, and those parts of eastern Klickitat County including the Bickleton School District.
- Entry fees must be paid when register, and are $12.00 per animal in Beef, Sheep, Swine, Dairy, Goats & Llamas. $5.00 for Rabbits and Poultry. Pocket Pets are $5.00 per entry. Entry forms must show whether an exhibitor is FFA or 4-H. No open class exhibitors will be permitted. No exhibitor will be allowed to enter animals of the same species in both 4-H and FFA Division.
- 4-H Age division is based on the age of the member on October 1st of the current 4-H year, which is from October-September.
- Primary/Cloverbud – Ages 5-7
- Junior – Ages 8-10
- Intermediate – Ages 11-13
- Senior – Ages 14-19
- Due to the lack of space, there may be a limit on the number of breeding stock. Please check with livestock directors.
- Breeding stock must be owned by exhibitor or immediate family.
- Market stock sold at previous market stock sales will not be accepted for entry and violators of this rule will be barred from this show. Local 4-H leaders and FFA instructors may be asked to verify entries and contests will be judged separately with championships in each where designated.
- Each 4-H/FFA exhibitor must fit and show one representative animal of EACH species that they have entered in the fair
- All exhibitors must complete a Record Book for livestock and dairy projects. See Record Book section for more information.
- Exhibitors must be performing regular care and management for the following minimal period of time:
Market Beef: 150 days
Dairy (except Dairy Heifer Replacement): 90 days
Dairy Heifer Replacement; 60 days
Goat: 60 days
Sheep and Swine (Breeding and Market): 60 days
Cavies: 45 days
Rabbits and Poultry: 45 days
Equine 90 days