Superintendent: Karla Greene – 509.781.0495
Julie Morton – 509.830.4035
- ALL MARKET GOATS MUST HAVE A SCRAPIE TAG IN ORDER TO SELL.
- Each goat exhibitor will be limited to no more than 4 breeding stock and 2 market goats.
- No horns greater than 1 inch allowed.
- Market goat entries may be of either sex but males must be castrated.
- Market goats should be born in the same year as the fair and must weigh 75-115 pounds to be sold. SCALE WEIGHT IS FINAL. Market goats not making weight requirements may be entered in a breeding stock class (or feeder class if available). These animals will not go through the Livestock Sale. No for sale signs to be posted. Market animals that don’t make weight and cannot be entered into another class must be taken home.
- Any animal deemed by the fair veterinarian to be unhealthy or pose an infection/health risk to others will be sent home.
- Dairy goat showman are preferred to wear all white or a white shirt with black pants while in the show ring.
- Dairy goat exhibitors must dump waste milk in the provided receptacle. Do NOT pour milk down drain.
- Breeding stock entries may be limited due to pen space.
DIVISION 124: Fitting & Showing
DIVISION 125: Market Goat
126 Dairy Breeding Stock (all breeds and cross breeds)
127 Meat Breeding Stock (all breeds and cross breeds)
128 All Other Goat Breeding stock
01 Doe kid under 6 months
02 Doe kid 6 to 12 months
03 Doe kid one year and under two dry (never freshened)
04 Doe – 1 and under 2
05 Doe – 2 and under 3
06 Doe – 3 to 5 (freshened)
07 Doe – 5 year and older (freshened)
08 Dam & Daughter (any age)
09 Produce of Dam – 2 does from the same dam (any age)
10 Get of sire – 3 does from the same sire (any age)