There are four main ways to get involved with our community fair, and we would love to have you join us!
- If you are NOT involved with 4-H or FFA – don’t worry! We have opportunities for you. Our Open Class division is open to everyone – all ages! Food preservation, baking, sewing, floriculture, photography, arts and crafts and collections are just some of the things that can be exhibited at our fair. To find out more about entering in open class, and for a complete list of possible exhibits, please pick up a copy of our premium book, found at area businesses – or view the online version here.
- If you are involved with 4-H or FFA we have opportunities to show livestock, enter 4-H projects exhibits, give a public presentation and many more activities. Please check under 4-H/FFA section in the exhibitor tab.
- The fair would not be possible without the financial support of local businesses and individuals. Sponsorships help with the rodeo and the awards for exhibitors. We are so grateful to our sponsors for their support. If you would like more information about sponsorships and advertisement, please click here.
- Our market livestock exhibitors sell their animals at our livestock auction on Friday morning. These exhibitors work very hard on their projects and are learning valuable life skills in the process. Raising animals is a costly endeavor and we like to see our exhibitors’ hard work and risk be rewarded at sale day. Supporting young 4-H and FFA members at the livestock auction by purchasing animals or adding on support is another opportunity for involvement. If you are interested in more details about the sale, please click here.
- We appreciate our commercial booth venders. For more information and links to the contract to be a vender at the Yakima Valley Fair & Rodeo, please click here.
- Our Fair is made possible because of a board of directors that volunteer their time and energy to see that we have a great fair every year! Many hands make light work, and we are always in need of extra hands and new ideas. Currently we are in need of an additional Director-at-large.
- If you do not have the time to dedicate to a full board position, we have a variety of jobs – we can use your help! Please contact us and we will do our best to find a perfect fit.