Click on the following links for more information:
Costume Contest Guidelines 2022
NEW!! This year we will host a costume contest for our exhibitors and their animals to participate in!
When: Wednesday, August 10th (Time TBD for the late afternoon/evening)
Exhibitor MUST wear close-toed shoes
Costume may be on the exhibitor, animal, or both.
Nothing harmful to the animal may be used. Anything deemed unsafe will be excused from the contest
Awards given for the “Most Creative” and “Most Humorous” in each species with an overall winner chosen in each category
Sign-Ups will take place at fair
Poultry Exhibitors: Unfortunately, due to the Avian Influenza outbreak and recommendation from the state veterinarian, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the poultry show this year. NO poultry will be allowed on the fairgrounds. Under these circumstances, your entry fees will be refunded, and your name will remain on the list to receive add-ons. Refund checks will be available in the livestock office during work nights and fair.
2022 YVFR Livestock Eligibility
In order to be eligible to show at the 2022 YVFR show, an exhibitor MUST:
- Have a permanent address within a Yakima County school district, those parts of Benton County including Prosser School District, Paterson School District, or Kiona Benton School District, and those parts of eastern Klickitat County including the Bickleton School District.
- Be between the ages of 8-19 as of October 1, 2021
- If age 5-7 as of October 1, 2021: may only exhibit small animals (rabbits, poultry, cavies)
- Pay applicable entry fees at time of registration
2022 YVFR Livestock & Poultry Regulations:
- All animals must be registered online for the show (see pictures below for specific species dates).
- Each exhibitor is allowed a maximum of 2 market animals, regardless of species.
- Due to the lack of open space, there may be a limit on the number of breeding stock.
- Entry fees must be paid when registering, and are $12.00 per animal in Beef, Sheep, Swine, Dairy, & Goat. $5.00 per entry of Rabbits, Poultry, and Pocket Pets.
- Exhibitors must be performing regular care and management for the following minimal period of time:
- Market Beef: 150 days
- Dairy (except Dairy Heifer Replacement): 90 days
- Dairy Heifer Replacement: 60 days
- Goat/Sheep/Swine: 60 days
- Rabbit/Poultry/Cavies: 30 days
- Market Rabbits: 14 days
- Breeding Stock must be owned by exhibitor or immediate family member
- Market stock sold at previous market stock sales will not be accepted for entry and violators of this rule will be barred from this show
- Each exhibitor MUST fit and show one representative animal from EACH species they have entered in the show
Species specific rules are included in the Exhibitor’s Guide linked below.
Questions? Email email@example.com and we will get back to you soon!