Species specific info at the bottom of the page, and additional species specific info is listed in the Livestock Exhibitor Guide (click here).
2022 YVFR Livestock Eligibility
In order to be eligible to show at the 2022 YVFR show, an exhibitor MUST:
- Have a permanent address within a Yakima County school district, those parts of Benton County including Prosser School District, Paterson School District, or Kiona Benton School District, and those parts of eastern Klickitat County including the Bickleton School District.
- Be between the ages of 8-19 as of October 1, 2021
- If age 5-7 as of October 1, 2021: may only exhibit small animals (rabbits, poultry, cavies)
- Pay applicable entry fees at time of registration
2022 YVFR Livestock & Poultry Regulations:
- All animals must be registered online for the show (see pictures below for specific species dates).
- Each exhibitor is allowed a maximum of 2 market animals, regardless of species.
- Due to the lack of open space, there may be a limit on the number of breeding stock.
- Entry fees must be paid when registering, and are $12.00 per animal in Beef, Sheep, Swine, Dairy, & Goat. $5.00 per entry of Rabbits, Poultry, and Pocket Pets.
- Exhibitors must be performing regular care and management for the following minimal period of time:
- Market Beef: 150 days
- Dairy (except Dairy Heifer Replacement): 90 days
- Dairy Heifer Replacement: 60 days
- Goat/Sheep/Swine: 60 days
- Rabbit/Poultry/Cavies: 30 days
- Market Rabbits: 14 days
- Breeding Stock must be owned by exhibitor or immediate family member
- Market stock sold at previous market stock sales will not be accepted for entry and violators of this rule will be barred from this show
- Each exhibitor MUST fit and show one representative animal from EACH species they have entered in the show
Species specific rules are included in the Exhibitor’s Guide linked below.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you soon!